Please follow these guidelines when posting to the blog:
- Use the “More Tag”: It is important to use the “more tag” when posting to the blog. People don’t want to see walls of text on the front page. So, if your post is longer than a few paragraphs, please hit the “more” button under the html tab at a specific spot in your post. This adds a “continue reading” button to your post as it appears on the front page.
- Proofread Your Posts: Spend 5 minutes proofreading your posts. We won’t be militant about it, but sheer laziness won’t be tolerated.
- Don’t Spam: You may use the blog to promote and advertise your missions, but this self-promotion should be done in style. Think of your advertisement as a full page ad in a magazine, not a classified ad in the back of a newspaper. This means that you need to take some time writing the mission description and inviting other people to play it. At the very least, include a few screenshots. We highly encourage you to also include quotes of user reviews, Youtube trailers of your mission, and photoshopped content such as a mission banner. Basically, don’t spam the blog with “Play my mission!” blurbs that will push quality posts to the bottom of the front page. Instead, take some time to craft your “commercial.” For specific instructions for how to do any of this, see Blog FAQ above. Also, please do not post more than 1 ad a day, so if you have a 4 part series, then try to include one post about all 4 parts, rather than 4 different posts back-to-back. Here is an example of a great mission ad.
- Don’t Spoil: When reviewing a mission, please only include mission spoilers after the “more tag” in a post. This allows our users to have a choice of reading the review and seeing the spoilers, rather than having spoilers in their face when they visit the front page. Please also keep the reviews constructive and professional. Nicely illustrated reviews are a big hit. Here is an example of a great mission review.
- Don’t Post Malicious Content: Do not post links or information about 3rd party software or other “hacks” that Cryptic views as dangerous or detrimental to the game or players, please. Malicious content also includes clear infringements on copyrights, unethical uses of edits or credits, and the advocacy of other unethical machinima/Foundry practices.
- Other Guidelines: As always, please treat other posters with respect. Keep all images and posts PG.